Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Home Forums Foraging Forum Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation? Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Anonymous
Inactive

Hi everyone!

I live in Amsterdam-Oost, actually pretty close by where Esther and Lynn live. My house is in Oostpoort and there is a big shared communal space in the middle of the apartments, where a lot of plants and herbs grow. Some of the neighbors are involved and some are not. I am quite new to gardening and working with plants, so I can’t tell you (yet) what plants are growing here exactly… I think the people who are actually helping get to decide about what plants to grow here..? There is a lot of space for pots and planters where people grow more basic herbs to use in the kitchen, as chives, cress and rosemary. But those are not communal unfortunately… It would be quite nice actually to grow those big enough for everybody to use!

I also visited the orchards in park Frankendael a few times. It is just a 5 minute walk for me, so that is quite convenient. I also didn’t know foraging wasn’t legal here. I actually never thought about it before, but because of the apprenticeship and the people I’ve met trough the orchards, I know now haha. Besides, I work in a restaurant near my house called The Cottage and they have a nice garden in Landsmeer, above Amsterdam-Noord, where they collect all types of herbs, fruits and vegetables to use in the kitchen. Chard, all types of beans, yellow beets, red beets, brambles etc.

So lots of opportunities to practice in a safe environment I guess :).

s2Member®