Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Home Forums Foraging Forum Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation? Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Malina Tran
Participant

Hi all, my name is Malina and I am an American based in Amsterdam. I live in Hoofddorppleinbuurt, a fairly residential area nestled to the south of Rembrandtpark and west of Vondelpark. As I understand, foraging in Amsterdam is not legal but tolerated.

I am still very new to all things gardening and horticulture. As someone who is passionate about sustainability, I’ve often sought composting projects at farmers markets, community gardens, and worm hotels in order to divert my food scraps from landfills. This led me to joining a gardening club at Stadsboerderij Zimmerhoeve in Oud West, which sparked an interest in permaculture. This past year, I decided to deepen my learning through Cityplot’s Get Down Get Dirty program, which focused on permaculture and sustainable organic growing, and volunteering at Stadsboederij Osdorp.

I’m interested in learning more about the function of various plants and how to support an ecosystem for all creatures, keeping in mind climate change. I’m also excited to experiment with gardening in my backyard and supporting local green initiatives in the city.

s2Member®