Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Home Forums Foraging Forum Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation? Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Clara Laprovitera
Participant

Warm greetings!
I am Clara, I have joined the Alban Elfed 2023 apprentice group. I live in the Netherlands for 5 years. Coming from a big city in the northeast of Brazil, it has been a curious process to understand and get used to the seasons, cycles and biodiversity here.
I do not have a lot of experience with plants and foraging, I do have memories of a long stick with half a plastic bottle on top to harvest – and steal – mangoes and water apples (jambo) from branches hanging outside people’s houses and trees on the streets in my neighborhood.
I live in Slotervaart (Nieuw west of Amsterdam), around me there is some green areas like the Nieuwe meer, Sloterplas, Rembrandtpark and some volkstuintjes where I could potentially start my observations.
I do not think foraging is popular in Amsterdam, where it is illegal but mostly tolerated. I am curious to meet more of you interested in plants 🙂

s2Member®