1: Do you remember using or do you still use any traditional remedies?
Traditional remedies that I used:
1. Tumeric to help with my overall mood/managing anxiety usually drunk in the form of a hot milk drink with black pepper and other herbs such as ground ginger and cinnamon.
2. Fresh ginger (normally drunk with lemon and Honey), especially during the winter to help with immunity
3. As a child my mother used to give me Echinecha when I was coming down with a cold or another sickness.
4. I sometimes use lavender oil on my temples before I am going to sleep.
4. I use pure almond oil as a body moisturizer every day for about 10 years and I have had very limited skin problems since then.
2: Note down a few herbs which you see for sale locally (therapeutic herbs).
I often visit the local health food store near where I live and they supply a majority of the most used herbs such as: echinacea, St. John’s wort, ginkgo Biloba, garlic, saw palmetto, ginseng, goldenseal, aloe and valerian, lavender.
Also spices such as: Tumeric, Cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, Cumin, and Ginger.
At the supermarket of course they sell herbs such as Parsley, thyme, rosemary etc
4: Briefly describe what you understand the Doctrine of Signatures to mean.
The Doctrine of signatures was when it was believed that the shape of herb resembling the shape of the body part could heal/help it. i.e. Lungwort for the lungs, Liverwort for the liver, Walunuts for the head / brain.
The doctrine was flawed and caused some serious health issues when followed. Therefore the Doctrine has lost its credibility.