Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Home Forums Foraging Forum Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation? Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Astrid Korporaal
Participant

Hi everyone, My name is Astrid and I live in Amsterdam, where foraging is illegal but tolerated in some areas. I live in the Rivierenbuurt, and the park nearest to me is the Martin Luther King park, where there is a small wooded area where you can find wild garlic, elderflower, nettles, blackberries, etc, and I have seen people foraging there. You just have to watch out for all the dogs that roam around, it’s not the cleanest place near the path. And behind our house there are also hazel trees, but the parrots and crows seem to really enjoy those. There is also the Amstelpark, which has a wild/endangered plant area which is lovely to look at, but picking is definitely illegal and unwanted there. I’m trying to grow some herbs of my own on my balcony – we have a little reclaimed street garden too but that’s too close to the road for picking.

s2Member®