Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Home Forums Foraging Forum Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation? Reply To: Foraging 1: Where is everybody living? What is your foraging situation?

Annie Peterson
Participant

Hello Everyone,
My name is Annie. I am currently living in Wassenaar. As far as I know, there is little foraging in my community. Though, I am somewhat new to the area (and NL), so I have much to learn. I do have a few friends here that have basic interest and we talk a little bit about things to forage, i.e. nettles, elderberries, blackberries. They have lived here longer and have some tips on where to find things. I live near the edge of town and have quick walking access to some nice green spaces with good plant diversity, so it’s been fun exploring and seeing what arrives with each new season. I have learned that foraging is illegal in NL, so I’m curious about that. After perusing some of the other posts, it looks like it can be a problem in some places more than others. I haven’t had any issues yet, but now I am at least more aware. Thank you all for sharing your own experiences, I look forward to learning from and being a part of this community.

s2Member®